Washington Retina Symposium October 6, 2018
About the Event
The 28th Annual Washington Retina Symposium, co-hosted by The Retina Group of Washington and The Washington Hospital Center, will be held on Saturday, October 6, from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at The Ritz Carlton Tysons Corner (1700 Tysons Blvd, McLean, VA).
The theme for this year’s conference will be "Innovations in Ophthalmology". Accordingly, the Symposium’s objectives include:
- Promoting excellence in the study & practice of ophthalmology by encouraging discussion of new research findings, and innovative advances in vitreoretinal surgical instrumentation and technique.
- Sharing current knowledge and the exchange of ideas regarding the surgical management of complex anterior segment disease, as well as novel approaches to anterior segment surgery.
- Updating & enhancing the understanding of advances in the medical and surgical treatment of vitreoretinal dystrophies and pediatric retinal disease.
- Updating current knowledge regarding the non-surgical management of diabetic retinopathy and age-related macular degeneration using advanced imaging as well as the implementation of anti-VEGF agents, corticosteroids, and novel treatments.
- Demonstrating innovative techniques in the management of uveitis.
Internationally regarded retinal & anterior segment surgeons will deliver keynote presentations along with prominent local retinal faculty in a symposium format including discussions with questions from the audience related to the presented material, followed by lunch.
For more information or additional questions, please contact Danna Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org